EGG DONATION IN UKRAINE
Embryo Donation is legal in the Ukraine. According to the Ministry of Healthcare in Ukraine, all egg and sperm donors are anonymous. For international patients, egg donors can become known, but only if the donor signs a voluntary consent of personal data disclosure.
There are two types of donation in the Ukraine:
- Donation from patients who have decided to donate their additional embryos once they have completed their own families.
- Embryo donation from donors which are created for patients who choose a specific egg donor. Success rates are usually higher for this type of donation as the eggs come from young donors.
Donors can only donate between the ages of 18-35.
Many clinics work to European standards and ESHRE guidelines which limits donation only six times
Egg donors get paid approximately 350 Euros to donate
By law, donors must undergo testing to ensure that they are healthy. These tests include:
- Blood group and Rh factor
- Full blood analysis
- Antibodies to HIV
- Antibodies to syphilis
- Hepatitis B (HBsAg)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- Blood analysis for IgM and IgG
- Cytological examination of cervical smears
- Bacterioscopic analysis of vaginal, urethral and cervical canal discharges
- General gynaecological analysis
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs
- AMH, LH, E2